October 4-6, 2012
CALL FOR PAPERS
Royal College of Art, London
A symposium hosted by the Royal College of Art
in collaboration with the Program Committee of A.S.A.P.
Conference host: Lucy Soutter, Critical and Historical Studies, The Royal College of Art
See conference website at Here.
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED.
ASAP/4 invites speakers to reflect on the persistence, return and dynamic transformation of genres and to consider the role of genre in the creation, interpretation and evaluation of the arts of the present.
SEE .pdf FLYER HERE
Papers exploring the following questions are welcomed:
- / What defines genre now?
- / How is genre being performed in and across the post-1960s arts?
- / What aspects of conformity, antagonism, variation or innovation are at work in contemporary uses of genre?
- / How do current uses of genre relate to traditional distinctions between high and low art?
- / What is the place of genre in the evolving theorization of transmediality?
- / How do digital forms alter the genres to which they relate?
- / Has our understanding of hybridity, quotation or appropriation of genres changed since they were theorized within postmodernism?
- / What role do the genres of the present play in creating literary or artistic communities, or in linking critics with audiences?
Proposals should include 300-word abstracts for papers with a brief CV summary, 700-word abstracts for panels, roundtables, and seminars, with brief CV statements for each speaker. Advanced graduate students are welcomed, but sessions comprised entirely of graduate students are unlikely to be accepted. Those proposing panels should insure that not all panelists work at the same institution.
Please send all submissions to: email@example.com
Conference CALL FOR PAPERS:
Deadline: 15 April, 2012
Acceptances emailed after June 1, 2012